Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't load drivers to proceed with OS install on Asus AIO ET2012EUTS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

First post here folks.  Hope you don't mind me going right into the reason I find myself here.  A while back I purchased an Asus All-in-one from Bet Buy.  It was a display and I got it pretty cheap.  Figured it would be perfect for a garage computer.  Well, they said it was "DOD wiped" as the time, but I didn't seem to know what that meant of care.  Figured I'd just load Windows 7 and rock and roll.  So now I've been trying to load Windows 7 from a USD drive and I'm getting the following problem.  The install appears to proceed to a point where is asked to load the drivers.  So I went and found all the drivers from the Asus support pages and put them on the USB as well... But when I try to open them, that folder (the USB driver) is not visible or apparently accessible.  So since I have no way of apparently loading the drivers, the OS install does not proceed and now I fear I have one big paper weight.

Can anyone help me understand how to surpass this hurdle?  I'm relatively savvy and with some basic direction I think I could execute directions from someone of knowledge... but I'm just at a loss here.

Thank you in advance for any support and please let me know what if any additional information you may need to assist and I'll gather it to the best of my ability.

Thank you,

Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Does it say it requires cd/dvd drivers to proceed with the installation?

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 24 January 2015 - 07:02 PM.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Not necessarily.  It just won't allow me to proceed to the next step without fulfilling that step.  Thus I'm stuck.

#4 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

So here is exactly what is says,

Heading = "Load Driver",

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.  If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note: If the Windows intallation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

BROWSE - OK - Cancel

I loaded the drivers onto the same USB I have the OS on but when I go to Browse, that folder is not visible.  All that shows up is the CD Drive (D:) and Boot (X:)

#5 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

I guess I can try to load them onto a DVD and see if it'll find them there, since it does appear to be showing the CD drive.  

#6 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Download and extract the "f6flpy driver" to your usb drive for whichever architecture (x86 or x64) you are installing here: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

Make sure your USB key is plugged into one of the USB 2.0 ports (usually black) not the USB 3.0 ports (usually blue).

#7 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

negative.

EDIT - on the CD rom working that is.  It DOES now let me view the folder it's in, but when I select the folder is says;

No device drivers were found.  Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click OK.

I'll try your recommendation of the Intel Rapid Storage Driver now.  But what do I do once I've extracted it to the USB and plugged it in?  Do I put the drivers on that "floppy"?

Edited by ISeeInHD, 24 January 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#8 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:58 PM

so part of the problem must have been using the USB3.0 slot. As soon as I switched to the black 2.0 slot, the USB drive finally showed up.  But now when I go tot he folder that has the drivers in it, it still gives me the error saying none were found?   How do I get it to recognize the drivers that are in that folder?  One step further, but still confused.

#9 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

Yes, you have to extract the drivers from the .zip you downloaded to a directory on the USB stick.

If they have extracted properly you should have a couple .inf files in that folder that the installer will let you choose from.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, the installer may be asking for the USB 3.0 drivers. I assume you started the installation from the USB stick when it was plugged into the USB 3.0?

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 24 January 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#10 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

You know what... forget it.  I started the install over using the proper USB slot and it now appears to have skipped the "can't find drivers" portion altogether.  Must have just been something with the USB3.0 slot.  I know it was a simply solution, but I would have NEVER found it without your help.

Thank you so very much!

#11 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

Excellent! It was the USB 3.0 Drivers. Glad you were able to get the installation going :)

#12 ISeeInHD

ISeeInHD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Yes, you have to extract the drivers from the .zip you downloaded to a directory on the USB stick.

If they have extracted properly you should have a couple .inf files in that folder that the installer will let you choose from.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, the installer may be asking for the USB 3.0 drivers. I assume you started the installation from the USB stick when it was plugged into the USB 3.0?

Yes, we appear to have had the same epiphany at the same time.  But I wouldn't have had mine without your help!  It does appear that the drivers it was hunting were the USB3.0 drivers.  But I'm already at 53% "Expanding WIndows activated files"... so fingers crossed I'm in the clear. 

Again, thank you so much.  Knock on wood that it's a standard install from here.

If I can every be of any assistance to you, please let me know.  I can get many overstock, display and return products from Best Buy on the super cheap.  It's all auction based, so pretty opportunistic purchasing, but let me know if there is anything I can ever hunt down for you.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users