Not sure what to do next on a Dell Optiplex 390 W7 Pro desktop with two symptoms:
1. High CPU usage-25% for svchost.exe ( even in safe mode) - Plug and play is the offending service
2. high memory use for svchost.exe 112mb - (only in normal boot)- Is 112mb high? Not sure of the offending service. Attached services are Desktop Session Mgr, RDP Session Mgr, Distributed Link Tracking Client Superfetch, Prog Compatibility Asst , Network Connections, Offline files, or Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. I suspect Superfetch because it seems to be only service in group with CPU usage.
I used Task Manger and Resource Monitor to gather the info above.
1. Device Manager takes forever to come up ( even in safe mode)
2. Normal reboot takes forever
Things tried to fix:
1. sfc /scannow - OK no corrupt files
2. Malwarebytes Scan -OK no infections
3. Malwarebytes RootKit scan -OK no infections
4. TDSKiller RootKit scan - OK no infections
5. Rkill - OK no infections
Any ideas to address the CPU usage I guess as that seems to be my worst problem.
Thanks in advance,
Edited by hamluis, 04 March 2016 - 08:17 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.