Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus from Combofix download

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 prayboca

prayboca

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Hello

I just tried to download the latest version of Combofix and immediately MCafee kicks in and quarantines a Trojan virus. What gives? Is this site safe or what?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deeprybka

deeprybka

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

Hello

I just tried to download the latest version of Combofix and immediately MCafee kicks in and quarantines a Trojan virus. What gives? Is this site safe or what?

Hi,

that is a false positive. https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/efe3bf96470d8d19038aa1815c123c7f6660acaf3383bfdc90d418e1daa2bca6/analysis/1422103048/

However:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

Please note that running this program without supervision can cause your computer to not operate correctly. Therefore only run this program at the request of an experienced helper.

regards,
deeprybka
:busy:
Neminem laede, immo omnes, quantum potes, iuva. Arthur Schopenhauer

unite_blue.png
asap.png

#3 deeprybka

deeprybka

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
regards,
deeprybka
:busy:
Neminem laede, immo omnes, quantum potes, iuva. Arthur Schopenhauer

unite_blue.png
asap.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users