Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Weird 100% CPU and GPU usage problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xfzlxxhinx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hi everyone,

First of all sorry for my english since it's not my primary language. I came across this forum where I see very useful tips and instructions for people that have specific problems, and I have seen some threads with similar problems as mine, so I decided to create this thread so that my problems can be tackled.

The problem started a few days ago when I turned my PC on and I started to feel the lag and stutter on almost all programs (web browser, Microsoft Office etc), then I realised my CPU is always on 100% usage. I tried to trace down what's the task that is causing this problem, and then I found a task called "svchost.exe" in Windows Task Manager. There is no service highlighted under this task and I found out that it's actually a mining task from the file location ... So I decided to check online for solutions but unfortunately it needs specific steps for every PC to completely remove it so I just end the process with WTM every time I turn my PC on.

After a few days of doing the same thing, my games started to stutter a lot when running.I thought my CPU was still running at 100% after I end the "svchost.exe" mining process. However my CPU usage is fine, and then when I turn my game off the CPU usage becomes normal, but with MSI Afterburner running, I see my GPU becomes 100% all the time. Guess what, I've found out that there's another mining process running on my GPU now which is called Isass.exe in the same file location ...

I would like to solve this problem quickly as I need to use my only PC for school work, but I have no idea where to start or what to do, so I hope anyone can guide me along~ 

Thank you for the time

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, do feel free to move the thread ~

Edited by hamluis, 24 January 2015 - 03:58 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users