Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zone Alarm Pro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

I have zone alarm pro for a firewall

Something is trying to access my PC every 5 minutes.

I have address in XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX format

How can I figure what/who is trying to access my PC.

I think the program is trying to access port 139

Thanks

T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Harry83

Harry83

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:11 PM

You can do a WHOIS domain search...there are several options for this if you just Google "whois." Alternately, you can google the domain and when it returns nothing, click on "Find web pages that contain the term 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'"

Hope this helps.
--
Harry83
Posted Image
Liberating America From Spyware - 1 Computer at a time...

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

I second what Harry83 said.
Try DNSstuff.com (if I misspelled, google for dnsstuff) you'll get more than "whois" there. Traceroute, all sorts of cool things.

Port 139 is difficult to stealth, but ZA manages it well. I wouldn't worry about it. Checkout grc.com for info on that port. Or get a router :thumbsup:

Every five minutes? Well, it could be your ISP or your mail server (most likely), or random traffic, or China Telecom - they always want to hack you :flowers:

#4 joe cohen

joe cohen

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:04 AM

You mai also want to try http://whois.sc/[ip address] (for instance: http://whois.sc/123.123.123.123).

#5 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:24 AM

I'm assuming the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX format you speak of is the IP address (the "xxx"s are all numbers correct?). If this is the case which it probably is, then I must concur with all of the previous posters to this post about using DNSStuff. Also, you might want to add other anti-malware tools to your computer other than ZA Pro such as Ad-Aware SE, Spybot S&D, and Ewido Anti-Spyware (Only if you have Win2k or XP).
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users