Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Build 9926

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

Just finished installing Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview Build 9926. 37 minutes from download to desktop. This build includes Cortana, previously only available on Windows Phone. Start menu has changed for the better also.

Rock On :guitar: My Friends!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Just finished installing Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview Build 9926. 37 minutes from download to desktop. This build includes Cortana, previously only available on Windows Phone. Start menu has changed for the better also.

Rock On :guitar: My Friends!

Didn't work for me.

I disabled Cortana and Cortana/Search on the taskbar.

The start menu is TOO BIG. Installed Classic Shell again.

12232d1423424167t-post-your-windows-10-s

Edited by badr0b0t, 10 February 2015 - 12:33 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 Guest_Exorcizm_*

Guest_Exorcizm_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

I downloaded and installed the latest version today, it looks like a step in the right direction, however it wasn't as snappy and fluid as Windows 7 or 8.1 feels for me (albeit it's a technical preview of course).

I see promise, but am back on 8.1 until further progress is made.

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

..., however it wasn't as snappy and fluid as Windows 7 or 8.1 feels for me (albeit it's a technical preview of course).

Yeah; it does seem a bit slower at first. It gets better as it settles in and updates....

There's a lot of networking back and forth with MS and Windows Defender runs rampant after each reboot (this I disable).

Edit: Cortana works for me: Just don't see real world application for it ATM.

Edited by bludgard, 16 February 2015 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users