Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help removing adware please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 just_john

just_john

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

Greetings! I'm having issues removing malicious adware from a computer I'm trying to fix. I've run a full Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner scan in safe mode, and both show up as clean, but the issue persists. Specifically, whenever I open Firefox or Chrome, really obtrusive ads open over whatever site I'm looking at, as well as opening additional tabs with ads. The ads usually say "Ads by Media Player" or "Ads by coolncheap". The thing is, the ads appear even in safe mode without networking, right over the "Sever not found" warning. The computer has Win7 Professional 64bit installed with Service Pack 1. Thank you for any help!

Edit: Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum, could I get this this post moved into the virus Virus, Trojan and Spyware forum? Thank you so much!

Edit: Topic moved from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 23 January 2015 - 10:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

Before you go there have you tried Junkware Removal Tool?

Right click the shortcut icon you use to launch your Browsers. What is shown in the Box labeled Target?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users