Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Strange Behaviors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fruit

Fruit

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hello,

Over the past week, I've experienced weird behaviors on my computer. They're not major issues, but Avast blocked a virus infection around the same time so I am not sure whether these strange events are associated with the virus intrusion. 

1. I could not access certain websites such as gmail, Facebook when some websites such as Youtube open with no problems. It said "This webpage is not available" or along those lines on Chrome, Firefox, and IE. The solution: Reinstall Avast. This happened twice and reinstalling Avast solved the problem. 

2. Occasionally, there is a little fragment from my Comodo Firewall's interface on my screen. It is a small rectangle containing the C from Comodo with the grey background that you normally see at the upper left corner when you open up Comodo's interface. This fragment appears on the bottom right corner of my screen above the taskbar and it overlaps everything. I reinstalled Comodo but it still happens from time to time.

3. I can't preview screensavers. Once I click preview, it flashes back to Screen Saver Setting when I didn't even move the mouse. 

I've done full scans with Avast, Malwarebytes, and ESET. All said no infections.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 avengers99

avengers99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

I have the same problem on 2 computers, there is a small comodo frament that I can move around the screen. No clue how to get rid off that, or what that means.

#3 LSheffield

LSheffield

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

From the comodo forums:

Hi all,
Disabling 'Comodo Message Centre' and rebooting the system is a workaround until this issue is resolved.
Customize User Interface-Comodo Help

Kind regards.

I am trying this as I type - a few hours will tell.

Open comodo

Click on any of the underlined components, like Firewall or HIPS

Expand the General Settings category (top left)

Select User Interface

Uncheck the top check box

Press OK

Reboot

(hope it works too!!)

#4 Fruit

Fruit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

Great! I'll try it too. Keep us updated!

#5 LSheffield

LSheffield

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Entirely worked for me - must have been a runt Comodo Message Center

#6 Fruit

Fruit
  • Topic Starter

• Members