Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 personalisation not accessible!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 A6Tech

A6Tech

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Hi all, I'm having problems with my Windows 8.1 personalisation. When I go to PC Settings with charms bar, it takes me to the modern settings, but I can't change anything regarding personalisation. I can't change lock screen (I can, but it just shows as it's changed, but it doesn't change for real). I can't edit my default color scheme, there's no that setting anywhere. What could be wrong with my Windows 8?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A6Tech

A6Tech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

And when I click Personalisation in charms bar, it just opens Personalisation on desktop, same as right clicking and going to Personalisation. How can I change it to open modern personalisation, where I can change color cheme, lock screen and more?

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

Hi A6Tech :)

When you are in the "charms" bar, you have to click on Settings, followed by Change PC Settings at the bottom of the charm bar, not the Personalization in the charm bar. Once you click on Change PC Settings, the whole right-side of the window is called Personalization and you can change the lock screen background, the account avatar, etc.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users