Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very exotic hardware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alchemist

Alchemist

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

Has any manufacturer ever produced a motherboard with both AMD and Intel compatible sockets? Yes, on the same board. Or with some sort of hybrid socket that can somehow adjust to handle either AMD or Intel CPUs? I would presume that would require the two different chipsets, as well. The different types of CPUs haven't been chipset compatible since the Socket5/7 days.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

There was one that I recall but it made use of a daughter board for a different cpu and yes there were 2 different chipsets. They did not use the same socket for each cpu. http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1829

I have not ever seen one of those in use.

Edited by zingo156, 23 January 2015 - 01:04 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users