Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tray notification cache!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

With CCleaner I have never selected clean Tray notification cache mainly because I don't know what it means or safe to do so. Any info on this from members would be great. Thanks for any help here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

A very wise man (or woman) once said: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

People overestimate the benefits of deleting cache, temp files, cookies, etc. Most of these things can be deleted manually when really needed. Like when there's a genuine problem related to the files. Or, when you desperately need to clear some space on your hard drive. But, with today's computers' ridiculous amounts of memory, space recovered by deleting those files is pointless. You're more likely to run into problems by deleting stuff that was actually needed by some programs.

Please stick around after posting. Helpers are never far. Don't disappear for a week!
Our help is free, so please have the courtesy to reply in a timely manner. Thank you!

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

Thanks a million for that Phantom010 you blokes with tons of knowledge keep the users like myself safe from trouble..,. good on you.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

What does tray notification cache do?  I know the Registry keeps a record of active icons and past icons for tray notification area.

Edited by RolandJS, 23 January 2015 - 01:42 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users