Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing An Internet File In Realplayer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mdb72

mdb72

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

PLEASE HELP ME!

I want to play an audio clip at the website www.wikipedia.com/wiki/WFAN. When I click on the file link, it automatically opens realplayer, but an error message comes up. It says:
"Requested file not found. The link you followed may be outdated or inaccurate." The website is only 1 year old, so I can't imagine that it's outdated. So, I'm hoping the file is in the wrong format.

On the error message, this file is shown:

rtsp://real.cbsig.net/demand/WFAN/1003/10-28jerome.rm

The .rm seems weird to me. I don't know if .rm files are on my RealPlayer plus' default list. When I try to SAVE the file on my harddrive, it gets saved as .smi

I really want to play this file.... it's a pretty funny clip of a crazy yankees fan. PLEASE HELP ME if you have any ideas.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mdb72

mdb72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:36 PM

bump ....... anyone????

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:06 PM

.smi files, I believe, are Shrinkwrap files for Apple/Mac computers.
.rm file extension is the common one for Realplayer Media.
If you could provide a link the the page with the we could attempt to duplicate your problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 mdb72

mdb72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:16 AM

Here's the site I'm having a problem with:

WFAN New York

If you go down the page under CALLERS and then under JEROME FROM MANHATTAN, it's the link "A typical Jerome from Manhattan phone call, to the now-defunct "Mac and Sid" midday show, 28 Oct 2003" that causes the problem.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

It looks to me, after following the tracks, that the original source is no longer there or has become corrupt.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users