Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mowpar

Mowpar

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

my computer boots up to black screen where I have to select start windows normally, instead of to my desk top. Is there a fix for this weird problem? I have checked the boot order and it is correct.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

Hi Mowpar :)

Are you talking about the Advanced Boot Menu, where you have many options? Or only the Recovery Menu where you have the option to boot into Windows normally and run a start up repair?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

The screen states that windows was improperly shut down.
Gives options, start normally, safe mode, etc

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

When you pick the option to Start Windows normally, what happens?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

It boots normally

#6 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

This is the part where communication between me and the only person responding to my question stops. He does not get back to me, for what ever reason. I ask a question he asks a question. I answer a question he asks a question I answer the question then everything stops. Now another person on this website reads this and thinks well he is already being helped, even though the help I also thought I was receiving has totally seemed to cease.

So I am asking for help here again as my prior help has stopped corresponding with me. And I ask you please if you are able to help someone here, even though someone is already seemingly helping that person, i don't see why you would not join in and help. I know that the consensus is that the person who answers first should be left to do all the helping and others should just butt out, because I guess people think or know that the first person to help will get upset if someone else chimes in.

However, I do not believe this to be true, I believe grownups would accept another persons thoughts as help, not think of them as people who are just being butting in, maybe I am wrong. If I am wrong, and you have one person only, helping one person, then I believe the system should be changed to allow and accept help from all that are able to help.

For instance in this case here, I have been asking question to gain help. Two questions have been asked and answered to gain knowledge to actually find out what the fix might be. After being asked two questions I am sitting here hopeful that that info would garner a response as to what to do, but what I get instead is days and days off nothing.

I do realize that people cannot be here to help twenty four seven. But to have members read this post and then not help after seeing the inactivity of the post is a problem, it seems to me. It is not a problem for people who know all about computers but just to those of us who come here because we have issues.

My immeadiate problem is not computer life threatening, I am able to get on the web and actually use my computer. But I can just imagine if it were something I needed help with that had me unable to use my computer at all. Then not to have a computer and no one seemingly helping or a person helping than for some reason stops helping, and no one else wanting to jump in.

I am just one person, how many others have had this same or similar problem, and been like me, dissuaded from these forums, thus reducing your membership numbers thus there ability to draw in advertisers.

I know this post will draw very negative responses from the moderators, and I know it will draw a response quicker and faster than my pleas for help, with my computer. I just hope the owners of this forum will read this and take action, and not just draw unwanted and usually very unkind responses from the moderators and yes you too, super moderators.

You know what the difference between moderators and God, is? God does not think he is a moderator. You need moderators who also deal with the human nature side of computers, we humans are not made up of X's and O's

Take note owners who have others running there interprise.

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,527 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

My first question to you:  how is Windows being shut down?

Start -->  Shutdown  OR  Start -->  Log Off? Hibernate?  Sleep?  Restart?

At school, many from Windows logon screen, CTL-ALT-DEL, goto lower right hand corner, click on tiny triangle, click on shut-down or restart.

IF the computer is not restarting or is not shutting down properly, then what is done at that time?

This sometimes happens to me when Window 7 freezes bad enough to not allow any "input," I end up clicking the hard-reset button on my desktop, then I get the black screen - with the choices you mentioned earlier.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#8 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:30 PM

I have shut the computer down in every way possible.

I have just recently turned computer on, it states now that windows did not start.
Due to recent hardware or software down load issues.

It seems to me now that it is booting to this screen, instaed of the windows was shut down incorrectly.

Right now it is running a startup repair, waiting to see what happens next.

WOULD NOT REPAIR!!!!!!! Back to square one.

Edited by Mowpar, 04 February 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#9 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:32 AM

Thanks for all your help and support.

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,527 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

If there is no external-media stored backup full-partition image to restore, you might be forced to do a total reinstall.  However, before doing a reinstall, wait and see what advice the regular BC techs give you.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#11 Mowpar

Mowpar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

Let's just quit playing this little game, mark this as solved, and leave it go. I know you people are bunch of dciks, just didn't know how much til now.

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

At the request of the user this topic has been closed.

Btw, if you had contacted me, or any other mod or admin, via private message, we would have been sure to get you the help you need. Unfortunately, we had not seen this until you left a entirely inappropriate comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users