Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistent proxy 127.0.0.1:8800

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steve Evans

Steve Evans

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

I'm seeing the same symptoms as reported at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563413/proxy-settings-that-cant-be-removed/. Not much joy in that thread. I followed the instructions there up to the point that FRST scripts were being used, but the proxy checkbox cannot be unchecked.

Should I pursue help on this thread or await developments in the other one?

Thanks,

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

If you have already run FRST...then I would suggest initiating a topic in the forum containing the Prep Guide .

If you have not yet run FRST...you can initiate your own topic or simply monitor the other topic, if you like.

FWIW:  Just because a given situation seems similar...the causes for that situation are not necessarily identical.  If the causes are not identical, monitoring will not be of very much value, IMO, since there are any number of circumstances that may create seemingly similar symptoms.

This topic moved to Am I Infected since it does not contain any FRST/DDS, etc. logs and does not qualify for investigation in MRL.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users