Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mydocuments trying to synchronize to non existing server

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wilric

wilric

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

We are using windows server 2008, named “server”   we used to be on an older box and it was called “server09. We have approx 25 users and 15 of the have their my documents folder redirected to the server on the  “server09” box.    That box has died and no longer exists.   All of these users are still trying to access it.   I have had to tell all these users workstations  to work offline so that they can access their “my documents files “

At one point there was a group policy setup for this but it is now completely gone.   

I don’t know where to go in and remove these instructions.  

I know the my documents files are on the local computer  but I want to restore the local computers to save all the my documents in the  original location on the local computer and not try to do the synchronization to the old  server since its not there anymore

I am guessing there are some settings in the register 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mauguilar

mauguilar

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

Are the local computer on Windows XP or Win 7?

#3 wilric

wilric
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

xp - pro

#4 mauguilar

mauguilar

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

Right click My Documents Folder-> Properties, under Target tab click Restore Default.

That should do it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  doc.JPG   37.24KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users