Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots of BSOD's..

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 jakel717

jakel717

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Okay so up until a week ago my PC was working fine, but the last few days I have started get ALOT of blue screen errors mainly when I am playing DayZ Mod. I built my computer myself, and as I said before it was fine until a few days ago. So, I got sick of all the errors and decided to reinstall windows this morning, then finished install all of the windows updates and stuff but I just got another BSOD before.. How can I find out what is causing this and stop it!? It's really, really annoying not being able to do anything without it crashing 20 times. Thanks. 

Note: When browsing the internet everything seems to go fine, but it's as soon as I start playing dayz. Some of the errors that I have received are;

- Attempted execute of no execute memory

- Clock watchdog time-out

- System service exception

Speccy Snapshot: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rMHH4mqlQNc5LMmvQQu2dkW

I linked a mini toolbox result, and here is the link to a Microsoft system info file https://www.mediafire.com/?ao7wucgqtqfcuat

Not sure what else you might need but yeah, please help!!

*Edit* I have been using the computer for about two hours now all up and it hasn't crashed once.. Seems like it's only when I'm playing an intensive game or something. Not sure if that helps but yeah***

Attached Files

Edited by jakel717, 22 January 2015 - 09:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

Hi jakel717 :)

It would be good if you could upload the BSOD minidumps for the helpers here, so they can check them out and see what causes your Windows to blue screen.

Inxv2xa.pngBSOD Minidumps
Follow the instructions below to get and upload your BSOD minidumps so I can analyze them:
  • Create a new folder on your Desktop called dumps;
  • Go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, copy every files inside then paste them in your dumps folder;
  • Right-click on the dumps folder, select Send to then Compressed (zipped) folder;
  • Attach the compressed folder (archive) to your next reply and post it;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

jake1717

Please don't use a host website to post your logs.  There are those of us who will not download or open information unless we know exactly what is contained.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jakel717

jakel717
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hi jakel717 :)

It would be good if you could upload the BSOD minidumps for the helpers here, so they can check them out and see what causes your Windows to blue screen.

Inxv2xa.pngBSOD Minidumps
Follow the instructions below to get and upload your BSOD minidumps so I can analyze them:

• Create a new folder on your Desktop called dumps;
  • Go in your C:\windows\minidump folder, copy every files inside then paste them in your dumps folder;
  • Right-click on the dumps folder, select Send to then Compressed (zipped) folder;
  • Attach the compressed folder (archive) to your next reply and post it;

Hi, because I just reinstalled windows I only have one dump file so far. I will try and play the game today for a bit and see if it crashes anymore to give you some more dump files. Here is the one that I have now. :)

jake1717

Please don't use a host website to post your logs.  There are those of us who will not download or open information unless we know exactly what is contained.

Sorry, I tried uploading it straight to the post but the file was too large. Completely forgot that I could compress it, here is the file now. 

Attached Files

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

I can see that this BSOD was caused by the ArmA2OA.exe process, which is most likely one of the Arma game? Is it freshly installed on your system? Also, if you reinstalled Windows, make sure to install your graphic card drivers and any missing drivers.

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and list the Other devices present in it;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • List every devices showing under Other devices. If nothing shows, you might have to click on the little arrow on the left to make the list appear;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 jakel717

jakel717
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

I don't think I have a section called other devices.. Here's what came up. 

And yes, Arma 2 is the game I was playing when all of the blue screens occured.

Attached Files

Edited by jakel717, 23 January 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

Did you install the latest graphic card drivers for your graphic card after the Windows installation?

unite_blue.png

#8 jakel717

jakel717
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

Did you install the latest graphic card drivers for your graphic card after the Windows installation?

Yeah that was one of the first things I installed.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

Open the Device Manager, click on View, then click on Show hidden devices.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#10 jakel717

jakel717
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Open the Device Manager, click on View, then click on Show hidden devices.

I have just left for work so I'll do that tonight.

Yesterday I played for a bit with GPU-z running, and I noticed that at some points my graphics card was at 100%. Could this be playing a part in causing the errors?

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

Well, if your GPU load is at 100%, it have big chances to crash or cause BSODs since it won't be able to handle any more load, nor stay at this charge for long.

unite_blue.png

#12 jakel717

jakel717
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

Well, if your GPU load is at 100%, it have big chances to crash or cause BSODs since it won't be able to handle any more load, nor stay at this charge for long.

It only hits 100% for like 2 seconds, then goes back down to about 30.

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

Let's wait until you get 2-3 more BSODs, as I cannot really pinpoint the real issue with a single BSOD log.

unite_blue.png

#14 jakel717

jakel717
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Let's wait until you get 2-3 more BSODs, as I cannot really pinpoint the real issue with a single BSOD log.

Okay I'll try playing again tonight to get some more error logs. After searching on Google, I've found that there's a lot of other people who have had the same issue with Arma 2oa causing crashes..

#15 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,586 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

I don't know the game really, but is that a new game or a game that is regulary updated? Maybe it's a bad patch/update that is causing the game to crash?

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users