Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jfsjr61

jfsjr61

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:28 AM

Can someone please tell me how to make a screenshot that I can email?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Screenshots-in-Windows-8

#3 Dominickyle

Dominickyle

• Banned Spammer
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

Default way – Press Windows button and PrtScn simultaneously, the screenshot would be saved in clipboard. You can paste the image to Paint to save to your disk. Lastly, attach the image on your email. Maybe it’s a little troublesome.

You can also consider the free online screenshot. Run the web-based program then click Screenshot button to drag a desired region on your screen. You can then add some marks or annotations with its quick editor if you need. Once the screenshot is done, click the Envelope icon to email your screenshot to others. 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

You don't need to press the Windows key with the PrntScrn button to take a screenshot, only press on the PrntScrn button. This will take all your monitors in it. If you press on Alt + PrntScrn, it'll only take the current open/active window in screenshot. Otherwise, the easiest way is to use a screenshotting software that allows you to save screenshots, upload them, edit them, etc. all at the same time. I've been using ShareX, a project started on Google Code, for more than a year now and I have to say that it's the best I've ever used. Way more features than greenshot, lightshot, etc. and also, it actually installs like a normal program on your system, so it's not targeted by Antimalware tools such as AdwCleaner.

https://getsharex.com/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

I use PicPick. I find it easier to use and more intuitive than ShareX. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight, since the website is blocked by my work proxy. Hard to be easier to use than ShareX, since all you have to do it to take a screenshot and the image is automatically uploaded to imgur, and once done, the URL is stored in your clipboard.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

A Thousand Words is another good program.

In the lower left portion of the reply box click on More Reply Options.

Under Attach Files click on Choose Files and choose the screen shot and choose it.

Then click on Attach This File, then click on Add Reply.

When I can I will use the Snipping Tool, it's quicker and you can select the area which you want to post.  Use the same method as above to post it in a reply.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 shanepearce

shanepearce

• Banned
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

irfanview

startbild_engl-small.gif

Edited by shanepearce, 12 February 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

Irfanview is great as a photo viewer and editor, but I wouldn't use it for it's screenshot feature, too "bloated" for nothing.

unite_blue.png

#10 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

No need for Third Party Programs,

Just use the InBuilt Snipping Tool

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

It's easier to use third-party programs that automatically upload your screenshots once you take them when you post them a lot online, like I do :P

unite_blue.png

#12 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

It's easier to use third-party programs that automatically upload your screenshots once you take them when you post them a lot online, like I do :P

I absolutely agree. I hate seeing attached screenshots!

Edited by Phantom010, 13 February 2015 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users