Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!PC did not start correctly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Febrezee14

Febrezee14

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

i took my computer tower in to get it physically cleaned. Turned it on after and now I am shown the automatic repair screen. It never had a problem before. I have tried the system restore and the start up repair options. Both did not work.
What happened to my computer?! Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Well -

It seems that your repair / cleaning people did something wrong to your system .......

Have you contacted them and Fully discussed the problem yet ?? This is always your first area to go to ..........

#3 Victoria-Joe

Victoria-Joe

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

I think that this can be the problem of hardware or software. Check the hardware properly and upgrade the software. The last option is to clean install of windows.  

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Is this Windows 8 or 8.1?

Unfortunately, with Windows 8/8.1 you need the installation disc to correct this.  There are a couple of legal ISO files which you can download and use to create an installation disc.  But in order to provide you with the proper download I will need to know that version of Windows you have installed, Home Premium, Pro., etc.  I will also need to know if is the 32-bit or the 64-bit operating system.

There are two methods suggested at Window Eight Forums that you will want to try.  These can be found in post #2 in the topic the link takes you to.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Febrezee14

Febrezee14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Thanks everyone. Took it to geek squad they are running diagnostics but are pretty positive I will be needing a fresh install of Windows.
Who knew getting the computer cleaned could end up this bad.

#6 Lunathecat

Lunathecat

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Did you ever go back to whoever did the cleaning of your tower and tell them the problems you had as a result of their work? Sounds like you are going to have to shell out some money to get your system back up and running and from what you are saying it sounds to me like the people who cleaned your computer shoud reemburse you for this expence. After all, you gave them a working computer and they returned it to you broken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users