Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

incomplete backup, related to larger drives

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 benbrown1428

benbrown1428

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hey guys, I am running 7, setting up backups, and I get the following error messages:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\QBDataServiceUser20\Contacts. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\QBDataServiceUser20\Searches. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\QBDataServiceUser23\Contacts. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\QBDataServiceUser23\Searches. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

Did a google search and tried a couple of things, no luck. Tried the smaller of 2 drives 500gig vs. 3tb and error is the same. Wondered what the "bleepingcomputer" approach would be.This seems to be a problem with 7 and larger drives. . By the way, this does this error on every "7" computer I have access to. This system here is 7 pro, with 2 external hard drives, a toshiba 500g and a toshiba 3tb. Toshibas website offered some solutions, but I wanted to check with you guys before I did anything.
Thanks, this site is very helpful.
Ben

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

FWIW:  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/148b768b-4a25-4c05-a333-447a487d0a44/windows-backup-error-code-0x8100002f?forum=w7itprogeneral .

Louis

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

Google is a really handy tool.  You just need to put in the error message. This has nothing to do with the size of the drives that I am aware of.

Though your first step is to confirm those folders exist.  I suspect they did not.  Might want to review this:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/979281/en-us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users