Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build, Overheating CPU

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 furby13

furby13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

sp_16.png
Generated by Piriform Speccy v1.27.703
21 Jan 2015 @ 09:16
249.pngSummary

Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz: 
34 °C
Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

RAM
24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 LE (LGA2011): 
29 °C

Graphics
VN279 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (ASUStek Computer Inc): 
33 °C

Storage
3726GB Seagate ST4000DM000-1F2168 (SATA): 
30 °C

Optical Drives
ASUS BC-12B1ST b

Audio
C-Media PCI Audio Device

254.pngOperating System

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Computer type: Desktop

PCU: Antec HCP Platinum 1000w Continuous

5 120mm case fans, 1 290mm case fan, 1 large heatsink/120mm CPU cooler

Large case

All new parts from a reputable online dealer, except the sound card which was just a last minute retail store pick up.

I built the system approx. 8 months ago, but for one reason or another I never got around to doing anything on it besides playing minesweeper on it for about 5 months,( health/work/family/you name it.) When I finally got around to doing anything substantial I quickly learned that anything that would require much processing power was always making my computer crash/power off. Computer would attempt to restart, but there is no video. So I have to press the power button until it shuts off, then switch the PCU off for 30 to 35 min before the system can be turned back on as normal. The mobo's problem indicator LED comes on when system crashes and will stay on indefinitely until the aforementioned power cycling. I built the system for gaming, so the vast majority of anything I have used is games. My first thought for whatever reason was software issues, but after all the scanning and registry cleaning and such, problem persists. Next was video card, three different new cards 2 NVidia 1 ati that all performed well in a friends system with no problems. Did some digging into my computer and came across some kind of log that showed I was having CPU overheating, so replaced heat sink/ fan. Idle CPU temp. dropped about 3c. Idle temp now hovers around 34c. From what I have been able to see by the occasional game minimize to look at the CPUID temp, the temp hovers around 50c but the computer will inevitably crash anyways. I honestly know very little and I have no idea about how to fix my computer. I don't have much money and it took me almost three years to save up to be able to build my computer, so having to shell out money for a fix has to mean that it will actually "fix" the problem. I keep my computer clean, always checking for dust and cleaning as needed. I've read about people saying that Intel used a poor process with thermal in the Sandy Bridge-E and that they were having overheating failures, but I don't know about authenticity. Please help this goober.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users