Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Mail not able to delete folder

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 UGHcomputers

UGHcomputers

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

Making me crazy.  Mail will not populate my "Junk" box.  It keeps running around with the ....... circle thing.  It could go on for hours I think, without any results.  I want to empty my "Junk" folder, but it is not populating the junk emails.  I also attempted to remove a folder, and got the message "We couldn't make one or more of your changes".  Any ideas anyone????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Hi UGHcomputers :)

May I ask you if you're running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? If you're running Windows 8, I suggest you to upgrade to Windows 8.1 as it will fix many issues present on Windows 8, one being the error message that you posted in your thread. You can upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free from the Windows Store, just make sure that you have all your "Important Updates" from Windows Updates prior to doing that. Once you're ready, you can follow the tutorial below to start the upgrade process. Also if possible, try to do it over a wired (ethernet) connection and not the wireless (WiFi).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorial

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 lilalibrarian

lilalibrarian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

Updating to Windows 8.1 will not help.  I have Windows 8.1 and the little circle thing has been circling for 3 weeks now.  

Edited by lilalibrarian, 24 January 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#4 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

I assume you're using live mail,just for giggles,highlight your e-main and move to another folder,say your draft folder.Then see if you can delete them,worth a try.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Updating to Windows 8.1 will not help.  I have Windows 8.1 and the little circle thing has been circling for 3 weeks now.

It's not because it didn't work for you that it won't work for him :) That issue is known to have been fixed in Windows 8.1, as long with many others. It's always important to upgrade to the latest version of Windows before troubleshooting any issues, since that upgrade have good chances of fixing the current problem.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Remove Windows 8 Mail. It is rubbish. Install Mozilla Thunderbird instead.

#7 lilalibrarian

lilalibrarian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

I assume you're using live mail,just for giggles,highlight your e-main and move to another folder,say your draft folder.Then see if you can delete them,worth a try.

I'm using the blue mail app that comes with Windows 8.  Not sure if I can do what you said, though I wouldn't mind the giggles. Thanks.

#8 lilalibrarian

lilalibrarian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

It's not because it didn't work for you that it won't work for him :) 

That's an excellent point; however, I did upgrade to Windows 8.1 and faithfully install the regular updates.  Bit of a puzzle, really.

Remove Windows 8 Mail. It is rubbish. Install Mozilla Thunderbird instead.

I do believe I will.  Thanks.

#9 UGHcomputers

UGHcomputers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

I'm already upgraded to 8.1. Didn't fix the Junk mail folder issue.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

Did you try to remove the account from the "Mail" application, then re-enter it to see if it works after?

unite_blue.png

#11 Guest_voodooyam_*

Guest_voodooyam_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

Hi try unistalling the  mail App reboot and then download the App again.

#12 lilalibrarian

lilalibrarian

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Did you try to remove the account from the "Mail" application, then re-enter it to see if it works after?

I actually installed Thunderbird as suggested above and it's great.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove my Outlook account from the Windows Mail app.

Hi try unistalling the  mail App reboot and then download the App again.

Uninstalled the App and reinstalled and the junk folder icon is still spinning. Maybe I should uninstall and then stop after that step. :-)  Problem solved. :-)

Edited by lilalibrarian, 20 February 2015 - 09:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users