Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All files encrypted by ctb-locker and file extentions changed!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehsan_shafaghat

ehsan_shafaghat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

Hi,

how can I remove ctb-locker virus?

after that, how can I decrypt my all encrypted file?

Thanks so much

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,918 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

Hello ehsan_shafaghat and welcome to Bleeping Computer

Unfortunately at this time there is no way to retrieve the private key that can be used to decrypt your files without paying the ransom on the CTB Locker Site.

Please read this for more information.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,918 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Forgot to add that the way you may restore your files is if you have made a backup, with file-recovery tools or, if you're lucky, from Shadow Volume Copies.

Please read the topic, (link in previous post) for more information on this.

Satchfan

Edited by satchfan, 21 January 2015 - 08:11 AM.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,918 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users