Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frater Dark Matter aka TechKnownothing lol

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frater dark matter

frater dark matter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

My Actual names is James Staples V,  although should you email me and see James Staples VI it is because I thought I was until last month when reviewing my genealogy and saw I miss counted.

White male 53, married 35 years, 5 kids 9 g-kids. Youngest son just finished his 4th combat tour in Afghanistan as a  infantry Squad leader in the 101st (this time). ends up he is the real James the VI.

Former Xtian priest Theologian of 40 years, left and am now studying "Black Arts" as a Warlock Demonolater. Also 32 degree Freemason/ Illuminati (very low level as yet).

Wife has no kidneys so is on Home Hemo Dialysis-  I am her Tech/nurse/ everything else. Best Job I ever had was as a Coroners Removal Forensic Autopsy Asst. Animal lover, 4 dogs from Pomeranian to bloddhound in size-2 cats; thinking about getting a really nice Pitbull puppy so there can be another Male in the house.

Anyway- found this site as someone asked if I had downloaded Combofix to ease my woes. In reading about it the warnings were pretty scarey; so I have watched some youtube vids which really took the scarey out- but I am here to learn how to use this wonderful tool aka Laptop, instead of it using me. Got afew basic Q's about Combofix- but i will try to find the right place on the forum for them and ask.

See ya

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:30 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer!

To answer your question about ComboFix: It is not meant to be run as a standalone tool - you need to have guidance of a trained expert to use it properly. ComboFix can break your system if used improperly.

If you need help, please post in the Malware Removal Logs forum. The Malware Response Team will do their best to help you :)

Regards,
Alex

#3 frater dark matter

frater dark matter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computerarrow-10x10.png!

To answer your question about ComboFix: It is not meant to be run as a standalone tool - you need to have guidance of a trained expert to use it properly. ComboFix can break your system if used improperly.

If you need help, please post in the Malware Removal Logs forum. The Malware Response Team will do their best to help you :)

Regards,
Alex

Thanks alot- I will heed your advice! I will hit then up tommarow.   smileyface with thumbs up 

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

:thumbsup2:

#5 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

:welcome: to BC!

#6 frater dark matter

frater dark matter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Well-  doesn't matter now;  full crash, can't even get to work in safe mode. Taken the kid to the Geek Squad in Springfield Missouri; on monday. Thanks for nothing but slick sales Avast!  To think I was for the first time in 5 years in a perfect budget where I would not start the next month in the red.

Not feeling warm and fuzzy today.

When I win the lottery- and I will. A Good chunk of it is going to be creating programs which trace back where the first keystroke came from which creates viruses, malware, whatever I need to protect my happy time on the net from. Then hunt them down--- and see how many of my sick fantasies I can get through before I get bored.

Then of course-  there is always those things behind the veil.

As always- looking forward to the future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users