Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slowly Upgrading My PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Userrnam

Userrnam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

Hey there everyone, I recently got a new GPU and case for my old computer. I'm planning on slowly adding and replacing more parts. Wondering if you guys suggest which hardware should be replaced first, and maybe suggest some good models.

Specs:

GPU - STRIX Asus GTX 970

Processor - AMD 6120 Six-Core Processor

Motherboard - Gigabyte 2AC8 Motherboard

PSU - Corsair CX750M

Case - MicroATX Guardian

Thinking I will probably end up replacing the CPU and motherboard along with it, as the CPU has been having some heating problems and seems to be having trouble keeping up with the new GPU. It is the original CPU that came with the stock computer after all. Still want suggestions.

More Info On The CPU

Idle temp: around 40c

Playing WoW w/Ultra Settings: Max 70c after 10 mins.

Playing Shadow Of Mordor w/High Settings: Max 80c after 10 mins.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

Start by replacing the HDD to an SSD. The reason I say to upgrade the HDD is because no matter direction you go into your Computer build, you will ALWAYS be able to take that SSD with you. Second, invest in some thermal paste, clean your entire Computer case with compressed air. Remove the CPU, wipe it clean of the previous paste. Apply the new paste. See how that goes, a small $30 investment of maintenance to your Computer will go a long way.

Edited by TechnicianOnline, 20 January 2015 - 11:44 PM.

A Network isn't something you 'own' or 'have'; you may only wield it like the sword of Excalibur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users