Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sudden rash of computer problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wickeddragon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

I've had this computer for around 5 years now, and it never gives me problems.  now suddenly boom!  all at once!  

1) I get this "Your version of Windows is not genuine" spiel, and my desktop goes black.  Windows came with the computer, which I got from Best Buy.  it freaking better be genuine!  I enter the key that's on the side of my computer and it doesn't recognize it.  now this happened once before about a week ago, and somehow it eventually accepted my key.  now suddenly it's refusing it again and my desktop is once again all black.

2) I can't access add/remove programs.  I pull up the Start menu, type in add or remove, and click on the search result, and nothing happens.  the same when I try to click on it from the control panel.  as such I don't know how to remove unwanted programs.

3) during startup, the computer says "Autocheck program not found, skipping autocheck".  I don't know what that is.

4) I can't get into Internet Explorer.  when I click on it, it says it cannot open the program, because some component is missing.  it does the same thing when I try to save a Notepad document, specifically: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-shell32-I1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  but then I click 'Ok' and the popup goes away and it saves like normal.

thankfully I usually use Chrome anyway, but my mother uses IE.

5) at startup, two popups come up saying something about ipoint.exe not being found, and also hkcmd.exe .  I don't know what these are.  I hit OK and the popups go away and things proceed as usual.

6) and now, suddenly, when I try to open a folder, any folder, whether from the desktop or the taskbar, it says "No such interface supported".  this has never happened before this moment.

help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sarkm85

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

I guess your pc would have been affected by virus/malware. 

Do you have an antivirus installed and is it running fine?

#3 hamluis

• 55,036 posts
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users