Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Panda Wireless usb device, connects, opens one webpage and quits

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phouglas

Phouglas

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

So I purchased a Panda wireless usb device from Amazon. Got good reviews. It installs in windows 8.1 fine and sees my network. Connects to network with "Connected"

I load a webpage and it loads one page but then does nothing. Subsequent webpage loads just hang and nothing else connects. Any idea what would be caused my that and how I can fix it? When I run windows diagnose it reports no issue.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hello, and Welcome

If you have another wireless adaper built into the computer, then make sure that is disabled in Device Manager. Right click the Panda wireless device in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line in your next post.

#3 Phouglas

Phouglas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

USB\VID_148F&PID_5372&REV_0101

Thanks for the help!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

That is not a commom chipset. I thought it may be Atheros, Ralink, or something like that. Does the dongle have a model number? Did you use a driver or did Windows 8 auto-detect it? One thing to try is to disable selective suspend for the USB ports.

This is for Windows 7 but the same for Windows 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

#5 Phouglas

Phouglas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

It's the Panda wireless PAU06

Windows 8 auto detected and installed drivers. It has a WPS button but though I've heard of that I don't know what that is. As I said it connected to my network but then apart from one web page won't load anything. Wireless in the room is fine.

Here's the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDVRCI0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_kbVVub04J6YMP

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Did you try disabling selective suspend? See if that helps. If not, type CMD in the search box. Right click Run as Administrator. Type the following commands followed by enter. Reboot. Create a restore point before typing the commands.

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

I still need to do some research on the driver. I think it's a ralink chipset.

Edit: It is Ralink. Go to Pandas driver page and download the Windows driver. First link. When you install it, You can also install the Ralink wireless software which I would do.

Edited by JohnC_21, 20 January 2015 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users