Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Pointer Lag, Screen Tearing, & Audio/Picture Sync Issues on Restart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 a2bf62aa

a2bf62aa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

I have included youtube links showcasing my problems, not including Audio/Video Delay when watching digital movies.

Screen Tear: http://youtu.be/E1IzZ1IWiBc
Mouse Lag: http://youtu.be/CdIs2n_qqd0

I've been having issues with my computer doing some strange stuff and I can't get it to go away. I went 15 hrs testing my overclock on Prime 95 with no problems, rolled back drivers, 970 GTX SLI overclock changes, I changed my mouse from a wired to wireless, new ram, Malwarebytes Virus, you name it. I can't get this to go away and I don't know if it is a hardware issue or what. 

I built a new computer using almost completely new parts, except for my hard drives. Two SSD's and a WD Black 7200 1TB I brought from my old CPU. The problem carried on to my new computer and it seemed to come out of nowhere. I formatted and erased my old Windows 8.1 and installed a new copy on my Samsung 840 PRO 128 GB. I have not been able to get it to stop.

I found this tidbit from a thread.  It is similar to what I have, but I don't believe it's an overclock issue:

Quote:
i dont know about pc slows down... but i think i also experiences this. when i underclock my cpu after overclock, my pc slows down and running at full usage. but, after a shutdown / few restart, i gained normal speed.

i think that the windows are not sync the cpu speed after changes of cpu speed at first. it just likw when you oc for the fist time, you will feel boost speedup and almost never at full speed but after few restart, the pc slows down to 'normal speed' to sync the speed. but after underclock, the pc lost sync and cause this slowness. maybe a few restart will make it better.

maybe what am i saying is true according to my theory. remember THEORY

I wait about 30 minutes, and when i turn back on my computer, ALL the problems are gone. If I need to shutdown or the computer goes to standby, there is always that chance I will get those problems in the video links I provided. Any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:56 PM

Sounds like something simple you missed.

Your video cables.

Wiggle them around, check back.

A Network isn't something you 'own' or 'have'; you may only wield it like the sword of Excalibur.

#3 a2bf62aa

a2bf62aa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Did it, it worked fine. There was a new firmware update for my P Series Vizio 4k earlier today, maybe that will help. I've restarted and shutdown my computer numerous times today and the mouse hasn't been lagging. It will happen again, when I'm not sure. I will shutdown my computer tonight and see if I can get it to lag. Last night I left it on. thanks for your help.

#4 a2bf62aa

a2bf62aa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

A bad 970 gtx overclock did it during Heaven, screen went GREEN. I restart the computer, back to mouse lagging and screen tearing. 

It works fine with a good overclock. Any suggestions?

#5 a2bf62aa

a2bf62aa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

why would a bad overclock do this? It wasn't doing this before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users