Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Proliant ML370 isn't working any idea whats happening?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sajidali27

sajidali27

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

Hello all,

After a electricity shut down i have my ML370 not working anymore it doesn't show anything on the screen or can be pinged does anyone know whats happening with it?

Any idea? After an electrical shutdown problem it wont be turned on anymore so i thought may be someone had this problem.

thanks to all

Edited by sajidali27, 20 January 2015 - 04:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Hello, 

Usually, a power shortage or shutdown can cause multiple problems, including PSU failure, hard drive failure or data loss, among many other. Are there any lights flashing on the PSU ? You may want to try unpluging the power cord of the unit for about 30 mins., then re-plug and check if the PC is working. Also make sure you reset your surge protector, if there is one, before plugging in the power cord in the unit. If that doesn't work you may want to try another PSU unit. Hopefully this will work, and if the electricity shutdown occured during use of the PC - it's probably best to check your data and do a backup of your files.

Hope that was helpful, and come back with the results. I will give further advice if needed, Citizen_WD

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Are there LED inicator lights on the front of the server? What are the color of each of those when the computer is turned on? If you pull the top of the case off you should be able to see more lit LED lights on the mainboard, on the back of the top panel that you just pulled off, there should be a diagram for LED warning lights. They should indicate the problem. Most of the time after a power outage a bad psu is the problem, however it is also possible you have a different hardware issue entirely. I recently worked on an HP ML350 that had blown caps on the mainboard (5 of them) it reported a cpu error (main board LED indication), the client tried replacing the cpu but that did not solve the issue, I could have replaced the caps but I ended up replacing the entire board with a used one that included more RAM than it had before, and a faster CPU all for around $120. I am not sure what hardware you have in yours but I would open the case and check those LED indicators and look around for blown or bulging capacitors examples: https://www.google.com/search?q=ML370&biw=1261&bih=743&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=uVm-VPrZC9SgyATZi4G4DA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw#tbm=isch&q=blown+or+bulging+capacitors+motherboard

Edited by zingo156, 20 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 sajidali27

sajidali27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:32 AM

Thanks its solve with you guys help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users