Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle Bin Shows Empty But Should Not Be

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chozenb4tim

chozenb4tim

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:52 AM

I AM RUNNING DELL WINDOWS 2000 FAT32 (I THINK), WITH AN 80 GIG HD AND A 10 GIG BACKUP DRIVE AND 512 MB OF MEMORY. A FEW DAYS AGO I DECIDED TO CLEAN ANY ADWARE OR MALWARE OFF MY COMPUTER USING THE SUGGESTION ON THIS SITE. I RAN ADAWARE AND SPYBOT (THEY WERE ALREADY INSTALLED) AND THEN FOLLOWING SUGGESTIONS RAN THE SCAN THAT WERE SUGGESTED. AFTER I RAN PANDA ANTI VIRUS IT SHOWED SOME COOKIES THAT WERE ON THE COMPUTER, SO I DECIDED TO MANUALLY DELETE THEM BUT THE COMPUTER BEGAN TO HANG. IT TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO DELETE EVEN THOUGH THE PROCESS BAR SHOWED 20 SEC. THEN THEY DID NOT SHOW UP IN THE RECYCLE BIN. IT STILL SHOWED EMPTY. WHEN I TRIED TO DELETE THEM ANYWAY TO DID SHOW THAT SOMETHING WAS THERE BUT I COULDN'T SEE ANYTHING. IT DID DELETE IT (I QUESS), BUT NEVER SHOWED THAT THERE WAS ANY THING THERE. THINKING THAT MAYBE THE PANDA SCAN CAUSED THE PROBLEM I DECIDED TO RUN THE SCAN AGAIN, AFTER THAT THE RECYCLE BIN SEEMED TO BE WORKING RIGHT, SO I WENT AHEAD AND RAN THE REST OF THE SUGGESTED SCANS. IN THE MEAN TIME I HAD TO STOP AND GO TO WORK AND MY KIDS ENDED UP SURFING THE NET, SO I RAN THE SAME SCANS AGAIN. WELL I RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN AND THIS TIME IT HASN'T GONE AWAY. EITHER THE RECYLE BIN SHOWS FULL WHEN IT SHOULD BE EMPTY OF EMPTY WHEN IT SHOULD BE FULL. WHEN I TRY TO DELETE ANYTHING IT TAKE A LONG TIME TO GET TO THE RECYCLE BIN (EVEN SMALL FILES). IT SEEMS AS IF THE COMPUTER IS HANGING FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T EXPLAIN. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM AND NEED TO KNOW SUGGESTIONS FOR FIXING IT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users