Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

British boy, 5, handed 'no show fee' for missing birthday

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

A five-year-old British boy has been handed a 'no show fee' invoice and his parents threatened with court action after missing his friend's birthday party to spend the day with his grandparents.

Alex Nash found a bill for £15.95 (around $30) inside his school bag after returning from the Christmas holidays - a few days after he pulled out of his classmate's birthday celebrations at a local ski and snowboarding centre so he could visit his grandparents.

The boy's father, Derek Nash, said he initially thought the claim was a joke, but the birthday boy's mother has since threatened action in the small claims court, according to the British press.

Mr Nash said his son had initially accepted the invite but then chose to visit his grandparents instead.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/26038593/british-boy-5-handed-no-show-fee-for-missing-birthday/

My Rant.

Have people become so selfish and petty so as to resort to this sort of stuff? If I was the father, I would NOT pay let her take me to court, I think the judge would say :ranting:  for wasting the courts time.  What's next compensation for hurt feelings?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

This is ridiculous.

#3 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

Well... what will be the next thing you get?

Breathing cost money?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,852 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

About the only thing I can think of is that the folks of the kid holding the birthday party, thinking this child would attend, paid fees at the ski place etc. for him and is out that money because he didn't come.

That said, I think billing the family is a bit absurd.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 NotAnElf

NotAnElf

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

I don't even want to know what affect this will have on the kids friendship. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users