Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor and random lag spike question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Matthewap44

Matthewap44

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

i have a Intel Core i7 4820K @ 3.70GHz and when playing games it never reaches 100% but i decided to check to see if cores are being parked and 4 out of 8 cores are being parked. should i unpark them even though my processor never reaches 100%? when running a game it still says parked but seems to be using 7 out of 8. also my other computer runs games pretty good but at random points everything will get insanely laggy and go back to normal. itll be running at 60 fps and itll go all the way down to 2. it does this with every game.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

I would say to unpark the cores at your own risk, it's purposelessly locked so Intel doesn't get so many RMA's but in my opinion it's not needed.

You will have to choose if you want to or not, take my voice as a grain of salt though.

A Network isn't something you 'own' or 'have'; you may only wield it like the sword of Excalibur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users