Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comuter running but no display

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FallenSaint

FallenSaint

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

Hello, I have problems concerning my computer. 

I bought a computer about 2-3 months ago it was working fine, but after that I left it idle for a few mins, but when I came back it was turned off so I turned it on again until the log in screen. I entered my password it loaded for a few secs then it blue screened. I tried to turn it on again but there was no monitor display (It doesn't beep even when it was still working fine) I checked the psu and processor fans and it was still spinning so I really don't know what my computer's problem is

Specs:

AMD RICHLAND A8-6600K 4.2GHZ BLACK EDITION QUADCORE PROCESSOR WITH Radeon™ HD 8570D GRAPHICS.
GIGABYTE GA-F2A58M-DS2 AMD FM2+ MOTHERBOARD
TEAM ELITE 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ WITH HEATSINK GAMING RAM
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE 1 TERABYTE SATA 3 HARD DISK
CORE ELITE 650W PSU WITH 80MM FAN
PLUS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Citizen_WD

Citizen_WD

Authorized Western Digital Rep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

Hello, 

May I ask a few questions - have you tried the obvious: another monitor, a different graphics card (or with the integrated one)? Did you check all of the connections, including the SATA cables to your HDDs ? Reset the CMOS memory by removing the motherboard battery, and when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system. Install battery and try turning on again.
 The problem you are describing can be caused by many components, and there isn't much you can do except changing them one by one until you find the fault. Anyway - my three best quesses are Motherboard, CPU or Graphics card. And, of course, it can be your hard drive as well, but this can be checked on an external docking station on another PC for example.

I hope this was helpful, i'm here if you have any more questions and will do my best to help, Citizen_WD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users