Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local Area Connection doesnt have a valid IP address.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RandomUser123

RandomUser123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

Hello,

as the title says, thats my problem. My LAC has 169.255.x.x IP address, and no matter what I do it doesnt get fixed.

I've tried;

Enabling DHCP

Using static IP address.

Re-installing drivers, installing the latest drivers

Disabling IPv6

Draining the static power from the computer by pressing 'ON' button when the system is offline.

Re-installing Windows 7(lol :D )

Trying the commands like; I've tried nearly all commands and none of them worked.

> ipconifg /release and /renew it gives me some error like; Error occurred while release interface Loopback Pseudo-interface1: The system cannot find the file specified. 

> netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt doesn't fix this as well.

> Some people told me to enable DHCP, its enabled lol, when I use 'Use the following address' the DHCP gets disabled.

So, I made up my mind, to see if the LAN card is dead, but when I booted Ubuntu, my internet is working. No issues thus far. But I am a Windows user, and am not ready to use Ubuntu.

Here's my ipconfig /all

Spoiler

Sub notes: It says un-identified network, and its set to Public automatically(I cant change this as well)

Help me fix this issue, please.

Thank you.

Edited by RandomUser123, 19 January 2015 - 11:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hi ,
please ensure that the router or modem or whatever at the other end of your network cable is having DHCP enabled. Also make sure the IP lease is set to more than 2.
Now press start > control panel > network and sharing center > adapter properties (left hand side pane, it appears as a link) > rightclick on your lan adapter (nvidia) > properties > select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > click Properties button > select 'Automatically obtain....' .
Apply the settings and exit.
Now check if its working.
Please post back if there is any entry already there (incl the IP and subnet mask and dns).
In the IPv6 properties, tick 'Automatically obtain....'
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 RandomUser123

RandomUser123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Did everything you've specified in your post, Nikhil. But of no use.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#5 RandomUser123

RandomUser123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

http://pastebin.com/yLc64aB9

I am sorry but I ticked everything out

Edited by RandomUser123, 21 January 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

Please...follow the directions in the links provided.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users