Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help accessing BIOS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vincent93

vincent93

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi guys,

I m trying to access the BIOS setup utility on my pc to disable secure boot

but when i press F8 or any key i get this-

S6VrcN0.jpg

instead of this-

OgcG7zb.gif

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

Hi,
The BIOS interface on both pics are for different bioses. So there is nothing wrong in the displayed interface..
You have a legacy type interace in both pics. There are many which even supports advanced gui and mouse integration!
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 vincent93

vincent93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

hi Nikhil,

So where can i find Secure boot option in the first image BIOS because i checked  all the options and cant find it.

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

Secure boot is available only with UEFI not ordinary BIOS.
Which means, you dont have such an option in your current bios.
May I know why you want it to be turned off? Are you installing windows 8.x?
Related reading:
[1] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/dn481258.aspx
[2] http://itsfoss.com/disable-uefi-secure-boot-in-windows-8/
[3] http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/17058-secure-boot-enable-disable-uefi.html
Check if there is an option named similar to 'boot option' or 'boot settings' which has options like UEFI , legacy.
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users