Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 won't load after reinstall action of OS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Facedono

Facedono

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

My computer won't load windows 8.1. My desktop computer was running extremely slow so I attempted to reinstall windows 8.1. However I selected the custom install and it made a back up of my programs in a folder called old windows. But after the computer attempted to reinstall I keep getting "an unexpected I/o error has occure" error code 0x 0000e9 This problem can happen when a removable storage device is removed when it is use or failing.
When I attempt to boot it from the windows 8.1 cd if gives me the error "some of the windows files are missing or corrupted" It stops right at getting files ready for installation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

Is it a orginal installation disk of Windows? Because it says "some of the Windows files are missing or corrupted".

Error code 0x 0000e9 means that there is something wrong with the hard disk. Can you pleas try this and tell me if it helps for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users