Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nexus 7 1st gen vs galaxy tab 4.7.0?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TitusRaven26

TitusRaven26

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

we just bought a Galaxy tab 4.7.0 8 gb for $160 or so, but i feel like it was a rip off... it lags and isnt very responsive. that, and the multi-tasking is very poor for us; we can harldy run 2 programs without it slowing down (we have 50 mbps internet speed).

so i started looking up some other tablets and found that the Google nexus 7 32gb 2012 was only $80 (used and in good shape) on amazon. i havent seen any reviews for this on the internet (only for the new Nexus). I prefer to play games, browse, watch movies and at least have 3 (or hec.. 2) different programs running at the same time on my tablets without it getting slow... so yeah...... which is better?

Edited by TitusRaven26, 18 January 2015 - 03:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Tablets are not designed for gaming or high -end performance. They Don't have the processing power or nearly enough memory to do what you are describing.  You would be better off shopping around for a used laptop,or, check out the new Samsung Galaxy Note.It has a 12" inch touch screen and a quad core processor and 4 gigs of memory- but they are expensive -about 750 depending on which one you get !

#3 HA Nut

HA Nut

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

1st post!!  :hello:

Neither the 2012 Nexus 7 or the current Samsung Tab 4 7.0 run more than one thing at a time well. Technically, yes, they "can" but the user experience will be less than desirable. They are low end, entry level products.

I currently run the Samsung and until it recently died, ran a 2012 Nexus 7 32 GB (since they first came out.) IMO, they are fairly equivalent tablets. But once Google updated the Nexus to Android 5, the Nexus was noticeably slower than the Android 4.4 Samsung. Unless Samsung works some magic, my advice is to NOT update the Samsung when they are ready to update to Android 5.x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users