Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help please: Consistently losing internet while playing Wizard101

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigsal

bigsal

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Hello and thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

Here's the basic story. My roommate plays a lot of Wizard101 and he consistenly gets booted off the internet (Comcast Xfinity) and he sometimes gets a DNS error when he tries to log back onto the internet.  He uses desktop computer and is connected to the Comcast modem via a USB wifi adapter.  He also runs Windows7.  His computer is in the next room, maybe 25 feet from the modem.  The problem seems to go away (at least temporarily) after I unplug the modem for a minute and it reboots itself.

The weird thing is I never have these issues.  (Comcast account is in my name if that matters)  I'm not a game but on the weekends my son comes over and plays on XboxLive and never gets kicked off either.  My laptop that I use is a newer ASUS touchscreen that runs Windows8. 

I'd appreciate any help on the matter. Any ideas on what to do? Is it is desktop? (overclocking playing the game?) Is there a problem like this associated with Wizard101? Is it Comcast? (I've contacted them and they say since it's only one user it's most likely a hardware problem associated with his computer).

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

also posted here where discussion of this issue will be done http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563725/consistently-lose-internet-comcast-playing-wizard101/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users