Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exploit: HTML/Axpergle.M

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 leis

leis

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

I have gotten in trouble with this very Exploit: HTML/Axpergle.M  on my computer and have just recently been here (Bleeping Computer) that saved my computer from this same exploit!

I'm humbly ask if you can take a look at my computer (scans) etc...and will adhere to whatever i can to do in order to get this poison ivy away from my computer, including paying more time and attention in Autoruns to get more pro in operating and will defend my actions more guarded afterward, if I can get through that far.

Thank you a LOT!

leis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 4,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hey, :)
Didn't I helped you one time before?

Please download FRST (by Farbar) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.

Download Mirror #1

If you are unsure whether you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, see here
  • Disable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting FRST in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.
  • Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe (depending on which version you downloaded) to run it. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)
  • When the disclaimer appears, click Yes.
  • Click Scan to start FRST.
  • When FRST finishes scanning, two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will open.
  • Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.

~Machiavelli

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

unite_blue.png

#3 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Machiavelli,
Yes you're heroic to very same exploit virus less than just 2 weeks ago!

But  i got a response almost instantly and lucky to have posted when i did, it so happen, and Infinit (sorry 'bout that) i mean, InadequateInfirmity responded and walked through it and computer now is stable and running fine!         Again.

I was almost going to directly email & ask you but thought that that was a little un-procedural and in kind of panic and half-mad mode for tripping into this same routine of Exploit...it's somewhere I've been and almost doesn't seem to matter much in terms of all the clicks and links and it's still one of those let up guard and b-a-n-g but not thinking heavily or to weigh too much fear, when i saw M Essentials log there was an alert-like that i'd not seen before toward the log & history part of the layout of anti-virus that was indicative of created log or info of 2 days ago...and i knew from that alone, that there's a problem Houston Houston (again, is what i mean, and like re-run) but thinking of-i don't even want to spell the Ex ....  ploit family villians, i had before a couple of others that i think hatched from java script or the like.
Anyway...    Sorry for TMI, Machiavelli and thanks for your replying today. I still am glad to contact you-back and in the future i shan't thread anymore of the same and would like moreso to upgrade computer but have to respectively say the Seagate i have is doing pretty good, still.

T/Care,

Leis

Edited by leis, 18 January 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#4 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• 4,133 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

Hey, :)
Don't worry. Do you have any further question before I close this topic as solved?

~Machiavelli

unite_blue.png

#5 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

No Mich,

I sure don't right now and I hope i don't have to make the same mistake about Exploit (again) and if i do....well, let's not borrow fear (right)?

And yes sireee we can adjourn this meeting :) and close it.

T/care*

leis

#6 Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Agent 007

• 4,133 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

~Machiavelli

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users