Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop shutting down while idle?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emilie8

emilie8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

I have 2 HP Pavilion laptops that are a little over a year old. One of them is fine, and but the other one has started over the last couple of days to shut down randomly when no one is touching it. Over the last few hours while I was gone, it shut down a few times, so I looked at the critical events and found these:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000e1 (0xfffff803c4cb2af8, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffffa8006b22630, 0xfffffa8006b22630). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 011715-28875-01."

"The previous system shutdown at 5:39:57 PM on ?1/?17/?2015 was unexpected."

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I have no idea what could be causing this. If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Can you pleas attach the DMP file located here: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Can you also run Memtest86 pleas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users