Try as above, but if you are not able to see it as an installed program, then you will have problems.
First try and find the uninstaller >> C:\Program Files\CompuClever\PC Clean Maestro\uninstall.exe
For the technically minded "pccum.exe" is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'PC Clean Maestro Startup' and executes as "C:\Program Files\CompuClever\PC Clean Maestro\pccum.exe" /systray.
This is a registry file cleaner that says it will increase a PC's speed. The software is often bundled with various download manager such as Air Installer.
The usual method is to try and "dig it out" along with Optimizer Pro -
Please download RKill by Grinler to your desktop
- If you have an old version, please delete it first
- Right click on the new Red icon and select Run as Administrator
- A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
- This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
- Please Copy and Paste the small log back here.
Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode from Here or Here and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button (only once)
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button
- A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
- Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
- If you have questions, post the Report log back here.
- Click on the Clean button only once
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
- **Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.**
- To restore an item that has been deleted by accident : Open the program again,
- Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In many cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes the adware more effectively, but it also restores any changed configuration. After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like AdwCleaner and JRT to fix any remaining entries they may find.
If you already have a current version installed, Please update it - Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop
- Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
- Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
- Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
- If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked to re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
- Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.
Run ESET Online Scanner.
- For Internet Explorer users only, hold down Control (Ctrl) and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the ESET Online button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu. to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives and Remove Threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.
- Please be patient as this will take some time (2 hours is not unusual for a first scan).
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Thank You -