Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Puter Is Driving Me Crazy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamingdad

gamingdad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

I have a gateway 506 with a ati 256 pci express card and 4 gig of ram. My computer shut down on me and said it had a overheat event. I checked fans and applied articice on cpu. No help. It starts with a series of long beeps one low tone followed by a high town very long. I have not forund anything on net reg this tone. Puter shuts down before it gets a chance to boot up...help....... :thumbsup: :flowers:

gateway 506gr
4meg ram
ati pci express 256 (upgraded card)

Nothing new done to puter l8ly. Just quit and next start was mess overheat condition shutdown messege.

Could it be a bad power supply? bad MOBO? Why cant I find any info on these very long beeps?

Edited by gamingdad, 22 June 2006 - 08:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

There is this, but I imagine you have already looked at something similar...
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm#04

However, I am pretty sure a long tone is usually the PC overheating. Mine did that when I mucked around with the OC'ing tool on my Gigabyte MB....Man I shat myself! Is the PC overclocked at all? Can you still access the BIOS?
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 gamingdad

gamingdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:06 AM

I have looked at the beep page before and really did not find my situation. two long beeps with different tones. The computer will not start up long enough to get to the bios screen. It shuts dowb right away.

My computer is not overclocked....I wish it was.

Man its driving me nuts. Sometimes it gets a little further than the others and i almost get to the screen......aaaagggghhhhhh it is so frustrating.

Thanks.........

Edited by gamingdad, 23 June 2006 - 10:08 AM.

#4 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

Your best bet is to contact Gateway Technical Support. Find the serial number on the back of the case first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users