Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 in VMWare, no internet.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 M. de Jager

M. de Jager

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Hello,

I've installed in VMWare Windows 10 but don't have a internet connection.

What can I do to solve this, because I want test Windows 10 with internet.

Edit: Nope. O_o

Edited by Al1000, 04 February 2017 - 06:13 PM.
Moved from Windows 10 Support

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:10 AM

Didn't find on Google any fix.

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

I assume you are using VMware Player? What version are you using? What type of network adapter did you choose for the VM? NAT is typically what people want. Are you running a firewall on the host OS? If so it must allow VMware's components internet access.

#4 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

I assume you are using VMware Player? What version are you using? What type of network adapter did you choose for the VM? NAT is typically what people want. Are you running a firewall on the host OS? If so it must allow VMware's components internet access.

VMWare 11 and yes using NAT. How can I do that, by Online Armor?

#5 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

r9te6lL.png

I'm running VMware Player 7, not VMware Workstation 11. Since they are partnered releases they probably use the same network components, but I can't confirm that as I've never used Workstation. On VMware Player 7, when using a NAT connection you must allow "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\vmnat.exe" access to use the network connection you get your internet through. I don't use Online Armor, but based on screenshot 2 on their homepage it looks like you'd create an allow rule for that exe file.

#6 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

Sorry, but still no internet. :s

#7 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:00 AM

abKzrbX.png

That is what I got.

#8 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:15 AM

Have you installed the VMware Tools in the guest OS? The option is at the top of VMvare's screen, to the left. 

This makes a huge difference with the VM's performance as a whole. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#9 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

Yes I did.

#10 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

It may be that you'll have to switch to Bridged Mode in the Network settings (where original machine is configured), it's all I can find so far, as to Windows 10 Preview & VMware. 

http://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/2014/10/try-windows-10-tech-preview-vmware-workstation-fusion-2.html

Hope this of some help.  :thumbup2:

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#11 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

Everything there is installed and that kind of stuff... So I am very unsure what is wrong.

Useful information!
I've installed Windows 7, I have the same problem.

#12 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

Have just started using VMware Player on Linux myself, did run it on Windows a couple of years back. 

So far, my luck has been good, the OS's I have installed are Windows 7 & XP Pro, both are running fine. I seen where some users has uninstalled & reinstalled VMware Player, though on Linux this is easier said than done, was lucky to get mine to upgrade to 7.0 from 6.4. 

Oh & one thing I almost forgot, Online Armor doesn't play well with all VM software. Have you tried disabling OA & seeing what happens? I have a hunch that may be the key to your issue. Many has reported this. 

Cat

#13 M. de Jager

M. de Jager
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

Yes I tried that, same problem.

#14 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

That leaves me fresh out of ideas, was hoping that disabling OA would be the answer, it's known for not being friendly with VM software, which is why I never re-created my VM's using VirtualBox after instaling OA. 

Rather, I created these on Linux Mint instead. 

Hopefully someone will step up to the plate with a solution, being that many are having the same issue, it's likely with the software or a incompatible update from Windows. It's unfortunate that you & other customers cannot get the support that's being paying for. 

Good Luck! :)

Cat

#15 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

That leaves me fresh out of ideas, was hoping that disabling OA would be the answer, it's known for not being friendly with VM software, which is why I never re-created my VM's using VirtualBox after instaling OA.

Just my two cents for this Cat, Online Armor and Emsisoft Internet Security will refuse to install if they detect the presence of Oracle VMware VirtualBox bridged networking driver on the system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users