Hi I have recently updated to Windows 8.1 Pro, prior to upgrading everything was working well with my desktop. Now I have an issue that I was directed to this website for, in that all my browsers are showing ERR_CERT_INVALID and a number of programs are not working at all, they seem to just crash and close themselves. All my game launchers, mainly the Blizzard launcher shows an invalid certificate error, as well as all https websites.
I have checked the time + date and the battery on my mother board. Some help would be appreciated as it is incredibly frustrating. I can still run some programs like games.
- Have scanned my computer with Stinger, vulnerability full scan, sfc /scannow, window's defender. I saw someone else had this same problem on this forum so running what they were suggested to run in Malwarebytes and Junk Removal Tool
- Time, date and timezone are up to date
- All browsers say that the certificate is bad and there are no options to advance and ignore the warning
- Other games besides blizzard, such as games on steam come up with errors that when I look them up are connection errors
- Blizzard launcher says " Whoops hmm, something went wrong with a security certificate. Please try restarting the Battle.net app, if that doesnt help you should contact your network administratir. Sorry about that !
Please note I upgraded to windows 8.1 through the microsoft store.
Thank you so much,
Edited by skarrz, 17 January 2015 - 07:26 AM.