Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC won't let mouse function properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lukeyslife

Lukeyslife

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that somebody maybe able to help fix a long term issue with my computer, so the issue seems to be regarding the mouse and the computer that the mouse doesn't track or produce the correct movement inputs.

To explain that better I would say that regardless of sensitivity, DPI or anything related the mouse in-games but even outside it doesn't have complete precision in correlation to my movements.  

How do I know this? well this problem has been going on for around two years now!, I mainly play shooter games so it is where I need accuracy to be highest; Since the problem started I have changed out every component within my PC so that may prove it may not be 100% down to hardware.

I also know this just by using other PC's and watching literally anyone on youtube or twitch play any type of games, whether or not they play PC games a lot it doesn't seem to affect their aim so to speak.

When I watch everyone else I can see they can move in increments, I can move it in increments but whatever sensitivity I choose I either have to drag the mouse or make tiny movements to correct it. 
This happens with every game I play, not just for first person shooters.

I have installed and uninstalled drivers for my graphics card and mouse, also I have reinstalled Windows 7 around three times. 

When I first started pc gaming around 2-3 years ago, I don't remember having this problem at all; my mouse aim back then wasn't great just because of my muscle memory. But I know it isn't down to me or my aim.

Is there anything I have overlooked or missed either to explain or to test or modify?

Thanks,

Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

Go to Control Panel Mounse. Under the Pointer Options tab uncheck Enhance Pointer Precision. You may have to move the slide bar to the right a couple of clicks. If it is unchecked, then check it and see it that helps.

ij8Ow.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users