Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rooting a Samsung Galaxy s4

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Alright I have tried just about EVERYTHING from poot to framaroot from vroot to towelroot and none are successful my model is a galaxy s4 jellybean (I think) 4.2.2 GT-I9506.
If you guys don't support root because of the side effects and it voids warranty I completely understand and will go elsewhere for help. This is one tough phone to root! Will you please help?

Edited by awesomecooldude101, 17 January 2015 - 03:42 AM.

they call me te java mayster

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 can be rooted using Odin.

Take a week to research through all the material. Ask questions if something is not clear.

WARNING : Apart from voiding the warranty, rooting experiments can often hard brick your device.

ADVICE : DO not root your Android device if its not really needed.

#3 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

OK I will try Odin and I do need to root my android for my reasons

they call me te java mayster

#4 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

Hello awesomecooldude101 (great name, btw) - did you go ahead and root your S4?

And, if so, where did you find the instructions / how-to?

If the Mods and/or Advisors don't want you posting that here - and I completely understand if they don't - would you send me a PM with any info?

I've got an old S3 that I love but that is dying the old-slowing-down-death and have been considering making the jump to the S5 (no need for a middle-aged man like me to try to be trendy and get the S6, lol) but have seen a lot of articles about trying to root my S3 before I buy a newer version, to restore some much-needed speed and to experience the joys of what freedom rooting a device can bring. There are dangers about doing so, but it also is something I'm very interested in.

Because I've hung out at Bleeping Computer for too long  :lol:  every little thing that I've got on the S3 is backed up, so I'm not too worried about bricking the phone. I mean, I guess I'm scared about doing it, but not worried about not recovering stuff I need / want and love.

Thanks,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users