Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Get Rid Of Exploit.wmf?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SOLANGE

SOLANGE

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hello dear helpers! I remember you folks totally helped me last year with a problem, and well...I have another one. (with 5 kids, it's amazing I've been trouble-free for this long!) My virus scan program (free AGF) has been picking up a virus every night for the past 3 weeks, and every day it's back again. Obviously they are not doing a very good job of eliminating it. All it says is, "Possible infection - EXPLOIT.WMF" and it's in one of my daughter's temp folders. The same virus was found on my other computer (running Windows 98) and it has pretty much shut it down. But I suppose XP is a little more resilient because, other than running slowly and hearing lots of suspicious noises coming from the box, I've been able to function fairly well these past weeks.

Could you please walk me through this process? Thank you so much!! I am using IE6 for my browser.

Edited by SOLANGE, 22 June 2006 - 06:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:19 PM

Have you tried one of the free scans? Here is one that is used extensively.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

#3 SOLANGE

SOLANGE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:45 PM

Hi, yes I've tried to run the scan from TrendMicro but it stalls just before it begins to scan my computer, and starts looping over and over. I've run Spybot and AdAware, and they don't seem to be able to remove it....at any rate, I've moved my post over to Hijackthis logs, I think I might be in the wrong area.....THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users