Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Facebook question: "You do not have permission to add tag"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

Since facebook help forums is practically useless (1% of all questions are ever answered by facebook tech), I thought I might ask here and see if anyone could help me.

Among the many annoying things in facebook, one of them is when I upload a photo or video and would like to tag a bunch of my friends, I can add up to 50 people, but when I'm done and click "done", it'll say, "You do not have permission to add tag".

Now this means that one or more of the 50 people I tagged either prevented themselves from being tagged or did something to make themselves "untaggable"?  The message never tells you who it is that you can't tag.  So now I have to go through the list of 50 people and start guessing by removing their tags and I have to do this one by one until I can find who it was that was generating the "you not have permission...." message.  As a result, I found that now whenever I want to tag, I have to tag maybe 1 or 2 ppl at a time and then press done to make sure it was accepted.  If it wasn't, I only have to guess between 2 ppl who to remove.   Not sure if anyone here has run into the same problem.

So, my question is, how did those people make themselves untaggable? What settings did they change so that if anyone tried to tag you in a photo or video would prompt the message "you do not have permission to add this tag"?  

All things aside, I know that a lot of people are annoyed by tagging in the first place and you'll probably want to tell me, "oh, are you one of those annoying people that tags me all the time in pictures and videos I don't want to be tagged in and then get 100+ notifcations everyday because other people commented on a tag I never wanted to be in in the first place" lol.  Well, if there's a way to block people from tagging you, then I'd like to learn that so I could do that also.

I don't want to tag anyone that doesn't want to be tagged, but I wish there was a better way for facebook to tell us who they are instead of us adding 50 tags and then having the "you do not have permission...." message, then sifting through each person to find out who I have to remove in order to complete the tagging process.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users