Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sean H.

Sean H.

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

I currently have my PC hooked up to my TV to use as a media station of sorts. However, I usually have problems when I sit on the couch about 6 feet from the receiver. I've used Microsoft- and Logitech-branded keyboard/mouse combos in the past, and most have done the job to an extent, but I'd really like to find a wireless keyboard/mouse combo that will reach 10 feet easily. Any suggestions? Does Bluetooth offer a longer range than RF?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Range-Wireless-Keyboard-GKM552R/dp/B005S0YO0O     check this out!

#3 Sean H.

Sean H.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

I found that one online but I've found others that proclaim to be "long range" with no better results than what I have now.

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

personally - i have never bought one ,but if it operates on 2.4 gigs that is the same frequency as a wireless router,and you should have no trouble with 6 feet of distance.Bluetooth isn't necessarily a good option because it is only good for short range. You can always return it if it doesn't work. Amazon is great about refunds and returns. Let me know what happens - good luck!Paul P.S. if you look at the item , i noticed that it comes with a USB wireless card, so I would think that it works pretty well-

Edited by paul88ks, 20 January 2015 - 12:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users