The virus you had may still have some files left on your computer.
Please try one of the following..
1) Please download Ewido anti-spyware 4
; it is a 30 day trial version of the program.
- Install ewido security suite
- Ewido will automatically run at the end.
- The program will now open to the main screen.
- When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the top row of the main screen click update.
- Then click on "Start Update".
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the top will display ("Update successful")
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesDon't run it yet.Reboot into SAFE MODE
By pressing the F8
key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.
Open Ewido anti-malware
Click on the scanner button in the top row.
- Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
- When the scan is finished, look at the bottom left of the screen and click the "Save Scan Report" button.
- Click on "Save Report As".
- Save the report to your desktop
Please reboot back to normal mode and the ewido log you previously save to your desktop.
Once you have done this, follow the Preparation Guide Before Posting A HijackThis Log
, before posting your log, along with the Ewido log in new topic in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.
2) Have you tried a System Restore to either the time before you were infected, or before you had removed this virus? If not, you could try that..
Hope this helps, and I wish you good luck in the removal of this nasty virus.