Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD 5470 Graphic card driver help needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roshaan_riaz

roshaan_riaz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

Hello there!

I have AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphic card installed in HP G62 laptop. Laptop came with windows 7 with everything working. 

Last year I updated windows 7 to windows 8.1 with that I also updated all my drivers including AMD driver. I installed version 14.4 from AMD website. It all worked fine after that.

Few days ago I started facing some graphic problems like distorted pixels on the screen and after that laptop rebooted itself. It used to happen when I was watching video or playing a video game. After few days their number of occurrences increased as it became impossible for me to do any work.

Then I decided to update driver. I downloaded latest version of driver that is 14.12. When I installed that, between the installation laptop restarts and it booted into blank logon screen.
Somehow then I started safe mode and from device manager I updated the AMD card driver to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. After that I was able to boot into the pc in normal mode but when I open device manager there is a yellow sign on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. When I try to update the driver it again goes to blank screen on startup then again I need to change it to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from safe mode. I have also seen blue screen for several times of error like, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and  VIDEO_DRIVER_INIT_FAILURE.

I have also tried installing that 14.4 AMD driver software. It installs successfully but nothing changes. 

On HP website there is only one AMD driver which is for windows 7. I also tried to install it but find no luck.

I hope someone can help me in fixing this problem. 
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

Uninstall the driver from Windows device manager while in Safe Mode.

Uninstall the device from Windows device manager while in Safe Mode.

Reboot.

Once then, search for new devices with the discovery button within Device Manager.

You should see it, manually install the newest driver that's designed for the OS you're running now.

Reboot.

Check back and see if that fixes it.

A Network isn't something you 'own' or 'have'; you may only wield it like the sword of Excalibur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users